BY USING THE SITES YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY AND TO THE CORPORATION’S COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES STATED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SITES.
The BCR may collect two types of information from users of the Sites: 1) Personal Information (e.g., your name, email address, payment information); and, 2) Non-Personal Information (e.g., cookies or IP address).
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, postal address, telephone number or email address. BCR collects and stores the Personal Information that you have provided to it. Here are some examples of manners in which BCR may collect your Personal Information on the Sites:
- It may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and postal address when you sign up to receive information from the Sites;
- It may collect your email address if you contact it with a question or opt-in to any other communications with it;
- It may collect your first and last name, postal address, and billing information if you make a purchase through the Sites; and,
- It may collect your device ID number when you interact with the Sites using a mobile device.
The above list provides an example of the Personal Information that may be collected from you on the Sites. This list may be non-exhaustive and may change from time to time as its practices change, or as BCR adds or changes the features or services through the Sites. If you do not want BCR to collect your Personal Information, please do not provide it to BCR.
Retention and Deletion
BCR will retain your Personal Information until you request that it removes it from its systems; as needed for the purposes outlined in this Policy; as necessary to comply with its legal obligations (e.g., to honor opt-outs), resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
At the end of the retention period, BCR will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read. If you would like BCR to remove your Personal Information from its systems, please direct your request to email@example.com.
BCR asks that you not send it, and you not share any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership).
“Non-Personal Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, ZIP code or other geo-location data, or interests. Non-Personal Information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the Non-Personal Information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address: Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data, such as the webpages you view. BCR uses this information to deliver its webpages to you upon request, to tailor the Sites to the interests of its users and to measure traffic within the Sites.
- Physical Location: BCR may collect the physical location of your device and use it to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, BCR may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content.
Cookies are text files sent by Web servers to Web browsers and are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. If the browser is loading a page and the server requests the information stored in the cookie, the cookie is sent back to the server.
Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on the website, and can be used by Web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user). A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the Web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies the user, but information that BCR stores about the user may be linked by it to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
BCR may use the information it obtains from people’s use of its website through cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the Sites.
- To track some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the Sites’ usability.
- To analyze the use of the Sites.
- To administer the Sites.
- To report click-through data to its advertisers.
When users visit the Sites, third-party cookies may be sent to their computers by BCR advertisers or service providers. They may use the information obtained from these cookies:
- To track users browsing across multiple websites.
- To build profiles of users’ Web surfing.
- To target advertisements that may be of particular interest to users.
Most browsers allow users to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to log on, access content, or use search functions, for example.
Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers. Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Other Forms of Non-Personal Information
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “Web bugs” or “pixel tags”): Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow the Corporation to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
Please note that BCR also considers aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be Non-Personal Information. The above list provides an example of the Non-Personal Information that is collected via the Sites. If you do not want BCR to have access to your Non-Personal Information, please do not use the Sites.
Use of Information Collected Via the Sites
BCR uses your Personal Information that is collected on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services, such as information or newsletters;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services from BCR or other third parties or to forward promotional materials;
- To process your payments or, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your payments;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- To help it create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you regarding additional services and features;
- To request your feedback about your experience with BCR;
- To notify you about a material change to this Policy, if necessary; and
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites.
Non-Personal Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personal Information with Personal Information.
Release of Information to Third Parties
By using the Sites, you grant BCR the right to use your Non-Personal Information for marketing and to improve the Sites. This use may involve the disclosure of your Non-Personal Information to third parties. BCR will not share or disclose your Personal Information with third parties.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Third Party Websites and Advertisers
BCR may also permit advertisers, third party ad networks, or other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Sites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, Web beacons, and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which Web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
BCR communicates with its users on a regular basis via email. For example, it may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to its products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, BCR provides you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive promotional communications from it, such as newsletters or updates about its services. For emails, you may opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of an email. BCR will process your unsubscribe request as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe request is processed. Please note that electing to opt-out of its promotional emails does not mean that BCR will delete or remove your email address from its systems.
BCR reserves the right to make changes to this Policy at any time and for any reason without prior notice. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page so that you are always aware of BCR’s current policies. It may also contact you by email with changes. Additionally, it will update the “last updated” date below.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, BCR cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to it and you understand that any information that you transfer to BCR is done at your own risk. However, BCR uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect the Sites, email and mailing lists against unauthorized access. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring, and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction.
BCR realizes there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, in almost every website, service, and user encounters. In those instances, BCR’s goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality, and minimize any inconvenience to its users. As appropriate and necessary, BCR will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the Sites. If you become aware of any incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the Sites, you agree to notify BCR promptly.
In the event that all or part of BCR’s assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant BCR the right to assign the Personal and Non-Personal Information collected via the Sites.
Contacting Beyond the Curve Retreats.
Please email any questions or concerns regarding this Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org. While BCR may not be able to respond to every report, it takes each report seriously and will investigate it thoroughly.
Updated July 20, 2016